Sunday, April 13, 2014

4/7/14 - Quick Note from a Busy Elder

Hello Civilians,

How's Life?

This week has been exciting I've had a run in with Anti-Mormon's, buried an investigators dog, watched a cat get run over, went to the temple and witnessed a recently reactivated family get sealed together, helplessly watched a guy's horses break out of their coral and just run in all directions. It's also been a very spiritual week. General Conference this weekend was superb and I wrote down like 8 pages worth of notes.

I'm pretty exhausted from the long day we've had. We were planning a hike to the 40 horse cave in Wolverine, but apparently it was closed and the member that was taking all 22 of us had no idea. So some of us just decided to hike on a random mountain nearby and that was some good exercise.

Sorry the email is short and kind of lame, I don't have any of my notes or journal entries to remember what happened this week and I only had about 25 minutes to write this and a couple of other emails.  My area here in Firth is beautiful though and the people are AMAZING. I love them so much. I'm learning so much about the Gospel of Christ, it is very simple but not at the same time. My testimony is just as simple. The Book of Mormon is fact not fiction, Joseph Smith did help to restore Christ's true church in this dispensation, Prophet Thomas S. Monson does receive revelation from God to guide us in these latter days, and the Lord gives us trials and tribulations that we may become stronger through repentance and enduring to the end. 

Love you all so much,

Elder Gillespie 

P.s. No pictures this week. Don't have the card reader so that I can send them.

No comments:

Post a Comment