Sunday, July 20, 2014

6/5/14 – A Cherished Painting & An Answer to Prayer

Dearly Beloved (Mom),
Here is an awesome paining made by John Woolf, who we have been teaching since the start of my mission. He just picked up a spray can a couple of weeks ago and can already make stuff like this.  His whole family is pretty artistic.  He loves us to death… and loves it when we come over, he knows the church is true, he just is hard to read and figure out why he won’t come to church.  We’re also teaching his sister (there are 10 siblings in their family) and her husband has been going to church the last few weeks and trying to get her to come.  John wants to take us fishing on P-day SO BAD, and I want to go fishing SO BAD, but both of my companions haven’t wanted to, so that has stunk.

My mission is definitely going to be one of the hardest things I will do in my life.  I can definitely already see that.  I feel like Heavenly Father has been pretty silent recently (until last night at least). Last night, I was praying about how to better myself as a missionary and for help with going through this rough couple of months I’ve had… I received an impression of sorts that this is part of His plan and that I need to set everything aside and work on bettering myself, furthering my own knowledge of the scriptures; I remembered my Patriarchal Blessing saying to us Preach My Gospel to identify key scriptures to learn.  It also says to build a spirit of oneness and unity with my many companions, oh and “be patient”, of course…  I’m still trying to figure out how I’m gonna do that one, but I’ll make it happen.  It’s hard to describe my experience in prayer last night, but basically, it was kind of a “don’t worry about anything, just focus on yourself, and the rest will come”.  Anywho, please take good care of this painting, it’s pretty cool and it means a lot to me.  Hope you’re recovering well, I’m prayin’ for ya!

Love,

Elder Gillespie


No comments:

Post a Comment