Monday, August 4, 2014

7/28/14 – TRANSFERS - 4 4 4 (get it?)

'Ello,

I totally nailed it. 4 Companions in 4 transfers. Elder Wilkinson is moving down to Montpelier and his district actually covers his home state, Utah, lol! Kinda funny. It'll be good for him down there. He says this has been like his hardest transfer on his mission so a change of scenery should help him out a bit. I'll be getting Elder Downey and he'll be the new district leader in this area. He actually was my first zone leader back in the Idaho Falls South zone. So I know him fairly well. He's a convert to the church of about 3 years I think and is already a scriptorian. To say the LEAST I'm SO STOKED to be companions with this man. He gets really bad migraines though which I'm a little bit worried about. He started getting them when he became a zone leader, and it was probably induced by stress. So hopefully being a district leader will be a little bit less stressful and he won't be curled up in pain cause of those migraines (he gets them BAD, like BAD BAD, 9-10/10 pain status). I am excited for these upcoming changes to be made. I was kind of hoping I'd get to train because there were 14 elders coming out and it'd be helpful for me to go through the 12 week training program again with someone. But, I'll learn a lot from my new companion and he's a fun guy too. 

So.. well these past couple of weeks has been rough. Elder Wilkinson was sick for 3 days last week, and a couple of days this week. Then I got sick Saturday night. We're both doin good now though. We are having people FLOCK to us essentially begging to be baptized. Okay, not really but it feels like that compared to when I was in Firth. I'm finding that in this mission, the key to missionary work is working with the members. I'm finding also that I'm fairly good at pumping up the members for missionary work. This stake that I'm currently in is not nearly as missionary focused as the stake back in Firth. I've decided I'm one of the reformers in the mission, both of my companions and the area haha. I'm just foolin' but that's kinda what's been happening. I Don't really think I'll be needing to be whipping Elder Downey into shape or anything cause he was my zone leader and he's just as radical as they come. All three companions I've had up to this point have needed some influencing to be more obedient in one way or another. I hope Elder Wilkinson learned something good from me this transfer that he'll take and apply in the rest of his mission. But if not, I tried. In Joseph Smith's words (I think), 'I know it, and I know God knows it'.

Love all you gentlemen and gentleladies,
Elder Gillespie

3 Nephi 18:32 - Don't you DARE turn anyone away for ANY reason. Forgiveness and meekness are key. 

Jesus Christ said in 3 Nephi 18:32:  “Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them.”


(And another note): Sorry I'm bad with emails I'm more worried about taking care of my area, and the people within than I am with updating every sufficiently. Just know, I'm being taken care of. I've got a pretty important couple of immortal beings on my side :) Whatever happens, is for a reason, it's a lesson I'm learning and God is "refining me in the furnace of my afflictions". 

No comments:

Post a Comment