Monday, August 4, 2014

8/4/14 - Strawberry Fields Forever (translated: Fruitful week & Awesome new Companion!)

Elders Downey & Gillespie in Pocatello, Idaho
Hello Hello,

It's been a fruitful week! This transfer is going to be SOOO BUSY. And when I say BUSY I mean BUSY. We're getting so many new people to teach and I'm lovin' it. The people here are amazing. I really like serving in a 'city'. I LOVED Firth a ton, but there just isn't as much work going there quite like it is here. I can't say it enough, I'm going to learn  A LOT from Elder Downey. Like I had mentioned in my last email, he was actually my first Zone Leader, and he is a boss. We're both way into music. He actually is going to school to be a music teacher. he is a convert at the age of 21, so it's really cool to see his perspective on everything.

Honestly I have no idea what to tell you guys. The busier we get the more things I forget to tell you haha. I'm having a lot of fun down here in Pokey. Time is going so quickly!

Anywho, being on a mission is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, yet it’s the greatest thing I could ever do. I'm so excited to see where life takes me. Down the road I foresee many great things and many hard things. I'm ready for whatever is to come though. Hit me with yo Best SHAAAWWT. Fiya AWAAAY! 

I love you all I want to hear about everything going on in your lives. Sorry the emails have been so short for the past little while. But I'm like burning myself out quickly with emails/letters. There are people that wrote me a month ago that I STILL haven't been able to reply to because I only have these short 8 hours on Preparation day to write them. 

Love,
Elder Gillespie


Alma 36: 17-21:  “And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world. Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am inthe gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlastingchains of death. And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember mypains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more. And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain! Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."

(I asked Evan to send pictures, so I could see his handsome face, so he sent the following pic with this caption:  "Here's My Handsome Face”)



No comments:

Post a Comment