Saturday, September 13, 2014

9/1/14 - GONNA BE A GOOD WINTER

Hello all!

It has been an interesting week. Elder Downey and I are still gettin' along as good as ever. I love that man, he's a great missionary and a great person. I'm excited to see what things he has in store for him in his future. We've been hearing all kinds of mixed things for this up and coming winter weather. I've been told it's going to be what's called and 'El Nino' which supposedly means a very weak winter. But then others have been saying that means a very strong winter. So yeah. I'm hoping for some intense winter storms. I've nearly been out for 6 months now! 2 more weeks. It's seemed like pretty much no time at all.

People are interesting to say the least. We teach and visit with so many wonderful people. I love my job. I love talking to people and helping them and being a vessel for the Spirit of God. It works through me in essentially all I do as I remain worthy. I've had many humbling experiences and I've been very grateful for them. These short two years that I have to serve could go right on by in the blink of an eye. I'm realizing very quickly that I can just float on by without really accomplishing anything or changing anything in my own life. I'm worried that if I don't make some changes that I will have kind of have plateaued and stopped progressing. The hard thing though is that like I don't know how to continue getting better. I'm stepping out of my comfort zones and growing in that way. So that's good I suppose. All I know is that after all I can do, His grace is sufficient for me. I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice. I've needed to be forgiven for many things in my life. I've wronged a lot of people. To know that I can change and be strengthened through Christ is a miracle. I wish that everyone would hear the message we as missionaries go about and share. But they think we are selling something and they just don't comprehend what our purpose is and how much the gospel can bless their lives and their families’ lives. I'm running out of time. I'll get better at emails at some point haha... 

Love you all,

Elder Gillespie 

No comments:

Post a Comment