Monday, September 15, 2014

9/15/14 – SPUD DAY !!

Elders Gillespie and Wright in Shelley, Idaho

Preevyet!!!

Been a crazy week with my new trainee Elder Wright! A little bit about him. He's from Reston, Virginia, he's awesome, he's brilliant, and he's ready to work! He's got 2 sisters and an older brother who is serving in Palmyra, New York.   Like we have been doing practice roleplays to help him learn the lessons, and he is leaps and bounds farther ahead than I was when first came out. I can no longer sustain thought long enough to create a good email. I just talked with sister Spooner a sister from Peoria, AZ and we know like all of the same people. We're pretty much set on talking about all these people. She and I came out to the mission together. Ummmm... we're in a car area with no car so that's been difficult. We rely heavily on members for rides because we cover a lot of farmland. It's definitely not easy whitewash training, but this is going to be a huge learning experience for me. Honestly, the hardest thing really is just the fact that we don't have our own transportation. My Mom's wedding is this Saturday!!!!! AND I GET TO GO TO THAT! Will be awesome to see all of my family. I feel like I'm cheating the system and I get to see everyone. I can't describe how excited I am. It'll be great. Anywho, love you all, sorry AGAIN for the email lacking much information on what's happening in the life of Elder G. This weekend is Spud day and I'm not going to be able to participate :( But I'll be visiting with family so that'll be much better.

Love,

Elder Gillespie

Excerpts from his Letter to Mom (Betsy):

SO COOL that so many people are going to be able to make it up to the sealing. It will be SUPER exciting to see all of the family and friends that will be there. I'm doing some missionary work of my own on the side via emails to old friends and things like that. Thanks for sharing this email with me both the letter to the family AND the sealing! Are you SUPER STOKED?!?!? You gon' be married for time and all eternity...

Yeah so training has been fun, I really have been learning a TON! Now that I have this solid foundation of missionary work built from the past 6 months, I'm just now building it up and making that foundation look all fancy shmancy. I really am learning a lot just these past 5 days or so going through the training program has probably been more helpful for me than for my Son. My Son is totally ready to work, and he already has the lessons pretty well memorized as far as the order of the principles in the lesson. I'm like seriously happy to be training though.  I'm like really really excited to be at your sealing this Saturday, it's a huge day for our family. To be honest, I'm moreso excited to just see everyone again. It's only been 6 months I know, but holy smokes I'm excited! 

Love ya,
Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment