Monday, September 22, 2014

9/22/14 – Hitch (Mom Got Hitched!)

G' Day,

Well we are finally getting a better handle on things in this area. We are finally meeting and getting to know a lot of people. We got bikes! Which helps a ton for getting around in the city part of our area, but doesn't help much with all the other farm land we cover. Our orientation is still pretty lacking, but hey that's why we carry around maps. Elder Wright is a boss. He just wants to do all he can to be successful, and he essentially copies everything I do in hopes to learn and become better (scary). I'm trying to remember if I was like that, I'm kinda thinkin' I wasn't cuz I'm a rebel in that way. Too cool for school attitude. I turned out alright regardless. I see Elder Wright having MUCH success in the mission field. He is really getting out of his comfort zone and learning to just interact and idk, be more missionary like. 

My Mother's wedding.... Well, that was fun! It kinda pumped me up and rekindled my new missionary fire that I had not long ago. I'm ready to get back to work and be the best priesthood holder I can and be worthy of a righteous spouse. Yes, the wedding made me a tad bit girl trunky. But s'all good. It was good to see everyone that was there. The weirdest thing is probably just that my mother lives in my zone. WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF ME. I'm basically serving in my home mission now.... LAME. Haha, nah God works in mysterious ways, will be interesting to see what He has in store for me and my family and future family. Patience right?

Love y'all,
Elder Gillespie


No pictures this week, I didn't really think much about taking any.

No comments:

Post a Comment