Monday, September 29, 2014

9/29/14 – And the Training Goes On…

Hello Family and Friends,

This week has been full of many exciting and interesting events. Some great some not so great. There are too many to have time to add into this email, unfortunately. So sorry about that. One interesting experience this week. We tried some 600k scovill hot sauce and that was AWESOME. Tasted rather good actually for about 10 seconds... then I could no longer taste anything, it just burned haha. My companion accidentally had a huge drop on his piece of pizza and he hurled like 5 times. It was rather humorous and I am so glad I got it on video (not the vomiting part). We also did a lot of service this week, which felt great. I love doing service. We didn't do much teaching this week, well, pretty much none, only two lessons total. That was ROUGH. I've never taught that few lessons in a week on my entire mission. I'm feelin' for Elder Wright, I remember the beginning of my mission, I didn't hardly teach anything and that was hard for me because I wasn't as prepared as I should have been when I left. Even though I didn't go till I was 20... So the lessons weren't coming so naturally. I've been blessed on my mission though as I have studied hard and now I'm a master :). I have been wanting to whitewash/train for a while so this is a huge blessing to me to go through this trial. The members are growing on us a lot and they're lovin' us. People are always like... Elder Wright, you have that deer in the headlights look. How long have you been out? It's a crack up sometimes. He is a stellar missionary though, I said this last week, but he just isn't afraid to learn and do things outside of his comfort zone. He is reminding me of a lot of things we need to be doing better. Once we get some work generated in this area it will be nice to teach with him. I'm praying really hard we stay together this next transfer. It's only a 5 week transfer this time. Next transfer will be 7 weeks. So transfers are already around the bend, we find out a week from Thursday if any changes will be made with us. Then transfers are on the 15th! It's kind of weird I'm 6 and things are just starting to clique, everything comes so much easier to me. Everything from being put on the spot to teach a class or give a talk all the way to teaching lessons using as many aspects of an efficient missionary as I can according to the persons needs that I discern. It's been awesome to watch this growth in myself. It definitely is a blessing to be on a mission. And I guess this is pretty much home now, that is until I get school/career figured out when I get home. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up at BYU-I for pre-med and then try to get into U of U for med school. That's ultimately the plan right now, but I have no idea what Heavenly Father has in store for me. I'm out of juice guys, sorry but ta-ta for now. Love you all!

Love,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment