Monday, October 13, 2014

10/13/14 – Irrevocably Decreed

 Elder Gillespie's Shelley Selfie!

GOOD NEWS! 

Elder Wright will officially be the longest companion I've had! We'll be staying together for another 7 weeks. Last transfer was a 5 week transfer and this week will be 7 weeks, usually they are 6, but they had a special meeting happen so it just worked out that way. I'll get to finish Elder Wright's training and then I will likely remain in the area as Elder Wright moves on. At least I kind of hope that's what happens so I can experience an area for longer than 3 months. 3 months definitely is not long enough in an area in my opinion. We have got sooooo much going for us in this area and I pray that if I don't get to witness the fruits of my labors that those who I've been working with will continue to progress and ultimately come to have a sure knowledge of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I've seen some dark things this past week with some of the investigators we've been working with. All of these experiences I witness and hear about are only testimony builders. They confirm to me the NEED for the peace the gospel brings to us even a midst the hardest of trials in life. It's a scary world out there. But in all honesty, we must live IN this world, as it is our Father's will, but we need not worry for everything OF the world. When we do what God has asked, we'll be taken care of, whether it be in this life or the next. We see those who have seemingly "perfect" lives yet they are sinners in one way or another and automatically question why we cannot have those same "things" they have. We just need to remember we are laying up our treasures in heaven, our rewards or blessings may very well not come in this life, sometimes we forget of a certain principle of the gospel, ENDURE TO THE END. Anyways, that's a commandment, thou shalt not covet. 

Off of my tangent, this week has been going swimmingly. God's been preparing me for events to come. I'm a tad worried I'm going to be built up rather strong and be given something that will attempt to destroy me. I see hard things on its way. Kinda excited for 'em though to be honest. Alma 27:27 (And they were among the people of Nephi, and also numbered among the people who were of the church of God. And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.)

Love you all,
Elder Gillespie

I can't believe I've resorted to selfies as a missionary.


PS from Betsy: What my humble son didn't include in this email is that he was also assigned to be a District Leader to serve the other missionaries in his area as he continues to train Elder Wright!  Whoot-Whoot!  Proud Mom right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment