Friday, October 24, 2014

10/20/14 – Father in Heaven Loves Us!


 Elders Gillespie and Wright in Shelley, Idaho

I have no desire to return home from my Mission. Fortunately.... I GET TO GO HOME TO IDAHO FALLS AND CONTINUE ON WITH MISSIONARY WORK AFTERWARDS.

As the weeks go by I'm constantly reminded how short my Mission is. I feel as though there are things I'm not doing as good as I could be doing at this point in my Mission and I need to step up my game. I certainly hope to touch the lives of many. That'd make me feel good later down the road to run into someone and hear, "It was because of you... and now I'm happier." In all reality, the Lord is doing just about everything through me. I'm not discrediting the efforts I put into all that goes on in my area and in my life as a Missionary. But, He has given me so much that I can't even comprehend all of it at this point. I don't know why our Heavenly Father has done certain things for me. At the same time, I know that He loves me immensely, I am His son. He wants me to return to live with Him in Heaven again. He rarely will flood us with light in this life. I've learned that only through tribulations will our Father in Heaven give us light. As we get through trials with patience and faith, He will give us just a tad bit of light. Some trials are bigger and as such we may receive more light. Patience is essentially the key in this life to 'receiving all that the Father hath'. This life is SOOOOO LONNGGGGGG. Then again, it goes by so quickly. I wonder more and more what Heaven will be like with all of my ancestors and (hopefully, dogs too) descendants. What is everlasting joy like? I can't imagine as I go back to some of the happiest moments in life having THAT feeling for eternity. Nonetheless, that joy is probably not a tenth of the amount of joy we will continuously have after this life when we have done all that we can to keep the covenants we have made and follow Christ's teachings. It kind of makes me wonder too, with what little I know about what our Father has in store for us, Satan is seemingly trying harder and harder to rip me away from my faith. I wonder what our Prophets and Apostles must be tempted with as Leaders of our Church! And then even more so, our Brother, Jesus Christ, He lived a perfect life, Satan tempted him, how great that temptation must have been. But then again, if we sincerely and diligently seek out more and more light; if we build our foundation on Christ (Helaman 5:12*), how hard will it be for Satan to tear us down? Probably pretty hard. I don't know a lot of things. I know that this life was meant to be one big test. It was meant for us to make mistakes, to learn, to grow, to experience what it's like having a family, to receive a body, and I'm sure I'm probably missing some other things. I hope all is well with each and every one of you. I pray for you often. 

Love,
Elder Gillespie

Pray like everything depends on God. Work like everything depends on you. 

Helaman 5:12 “And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.”



No comments:

Post a Comment