Sunday, October 12, 2014

10/6/14 - It Doesn't Matter Who We Are


Elder Gillespie in Shelley, Idaho!

We are ALL children of God, "we are all created equally", He loves us no matter our circumstances or flaws. As what was emphasized at General Conference this last weekend in the Saturday afternoon session we need to love all for it is not our place to hold grudges and be slow to forgive. I loved that session in particular it emphasized something I have felt for a very, very long time. Great weekend to say the least. This week has been great, we set up 6 appointments in ONE day for this upcoming week and we are excited to see what comes of it. We are definitely seeing the fruits of our labors and our faith. I'm expecting to be with Elder Wright for another transfer, in hopes to finish his training, we find out this Thursday what will be happening though. 

Heavenly Father answers our prayers, you just have to listen, watch, and continue in faith. I've been blessed in these short 7 months. It's amazing what you will see as you ask for help from our Father. He is there to help guide us in all things and as we heed to His Holy Spirit we will ultimately receive everlasting joy and eternal life. We won't be perfect, but Lord knows when we have done all that we can and He will take care of the rest after that. 2 Nephi 25:23 (For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.) But we must be careful that we not allow ourselves to think that the mercy of our Father in Heaven will rob justice, just as D. Todd Christofferson said this last weekend. This has definitely been an interesting transfer of training/ whitewashing. Each week I recognize growth in myself in one aspect or another and it is amazing. I love my mission. Sometimes I wish I was somewhere else because it’s just weird being inside such a highly populated LDS area. We cover whole stakes or half stakes out here, so we work with like 4 to 12 bishops at a time and with that many people, you just can't please everybody. The members here in this mission are good people though. I've had a lot of great examples of what family should be and I in turn have many ideas of what I want to do with my future family. Life seems to be moving so quickly at this period of time in my life. Even when I take time to kind of just soak things in, the next thing is already happening and I need to move on to taking care of that.

Love you all,
Elder Gillespie

The best paths in life are rarely easy. - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment