Monday, November 24, 2014

11/24/14 - Turkey's


Elder Evan Gillespie's Missionary Plaque *


Hello Friends and Family once again!
Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of our Father. The Gift of the Holy Ghost is something special. Seeing Angels or even God and Jesus Christ and denying such is not the same as denying the Holy Ghost. The feelings the Holy Ghost brings to us aren't comparable to any other. ONLY by the power of the Holy Ghost can we know the truth of all things, Moroni 10:5. I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church that contains the fullness of the gospel. There are a lot of things I do not know. I'm very simple in my testimony right now. I'm still learning the basics. But what I do know has been a blessing to my life. I'm so blessed to have been touched by the Gospel in this life. Life is not easier because of what I know. I've been scarred whilst walking this journey of mortality. Scars can heal. Jesus Christ is the enabler, the savior, the redeemer, the lamb without blemish... He's also my Brother. I love him. I can't say for sure I know him yet, but I'm getting to know him slowly, day by day. Because of Him I'm capable to do all things. Do not be afraid. In the standard works there are 365 accounts in which we are givin' the advice to fear not. Carry on with hope in Christ and love for all. I'm out of time for today. We only had an hour for emails. Our preparation day will be on Thursday this week. We found out transfer doctrine this Wednesday. I'm not sure if we'll email again on Thursday. Have a wonderful time with your families everyone. 

Love you!

*Evan left for his Mission from Glendale Arizona in March, 2014. In August, his Mom (me - Betsy) re-married and relocated to Idaho Falls, which is IN his Mission... yes - weird - but it's awesome to be so close to each other!  Love this Elder and his ever-growing testimony and service! -- Betsy Peila <3

No comments:

Post a Comment