Friday, December 26, 2014

12/15/14 – Busy Week – Love it!



Elder Gillespie (top left & then bottom center)
& other Missionaries at Zone Conference

Hello,
I don't even know what to say about this week. It's been pretty busy! We had District Meeting on Wednesday, Zone Conference on Thursday, Ward Christmas parties on the weekend, and we had a crazy lesson yesterday! So, we have 6 companionships in our District, and man I love it! I'm calling 5 companionships nightly to follow-up with whatever may be happening in each area. I'm able to hear of the miracles happening, the hard things going on, and provide input on investigators/less-actives in hopes to help the missionaries come to their own conclusion on how to proceed forth. It's amazing the things that happen in missionary work. I'm sad to think that this has to end at some point. I don't understand how missionaries do it when they go home from their mission; I would go stir crazy I feel like, not being able to have a few doors slammed in my face every day. I feel as though if I'm not being constantly rejected than I'm not doing something right! Zone Conference was center around this new initiative called He Is The Gift. I feel like I'm always slow to tell you folks back home about the cool things the church is doing, like with Meet the Mormons, my apologies! The lesson yesterday in short was a prime example of the youth being amazing missionaries! We received a referral for a 14 year old girl whom has suddenly become interested in learning more about the gospel because of her friends example. Her friend said that she knows that she is a daughter of God and the 14 year old wanted to know how she knew that. Not long after, we received a call and setup a lesson at the church. When we invited her to be baptized it was almost as if she was waiting THE ENTIRE LESSON for us to ask that question and she was eager to answer it. It was kind of awesome :). So we are hoping to get her baptized on New Year’s Eve. I am sustaining a massive headache right now, so I'm thinking I'm going to call it quits on this email.

Love you all, you are in my prayers always!
Alma 13:24, “For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.”

Elder Gillespie

Random house in Shelley had this in their front yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment