Friday, December 26, 2014

12/22/14 – The Atmosphere of Christmas

Carter & Betsy pointing to Elder Gillespie's Missionary Plaque
in the Mill Run Ward in Idaho Falls
(Evan's Brother & Mom)  :)

I'm going to cheat and basically send you all the same letter I sent to (my Mission) President Brinkerhoff. 

'Tis the season. This time of year is the best. It's a time of year in the which people, for no apparent reason, decide to be extra friendly to one another. There is a spirit in the air brought about by the atmosphere of Christmas. This is something I wish could carry on throughout the year. It just doesn' happen though. In a few weeks or so, people will fall back into the mindset of my way or the highway. Roadrage will return. People will go back to looking down and ignoring us as opposed to waving and smiling back at us. It's all about me, my and mine. I am very fortunate to have grown up the way I have, to have experienced what I have, I feel as though I've been blessed with the gift of wisdom because of those things. In turn I take that and attempt to manipulate that gift into having the gift of charity for others. The most forgotten principle in the gospel is love. President Thomas S. Monson calls it the essence of the Gospel. It truly is. To say the least some Elders in our district have been bickering back and forth at each other. I had a sit down discussion with the both of them and I have high hopes that from here on out there will be more forgiveness and charity in the interactions between the members of our district. We have some good missionaries here in Shelley and Firth. I'm grateful to be a part of this great work. I'm grateful for the refiners furnace. I love it. I look forward to being within it. I've been made more pure through Christ and hindsight is a wonderful thing sometimes. 

I'm exhausted folks. I love you all very much. Take care! 

Love,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment