Friday, December 26, 2014

12/8/14 - Hallelujah, Amen!


 Idaho Falls South Zone Christmas Card!
Elder Gillespie is back center with arms folded :)

I just had the best day of my life yesterday. I don't know that I can effectively put my thoughts into words right now, but I desire to share the joy I feel with you all so I will do my best. During fast and testimony meeting yesterday we went to 4 different wards to bare our testimonies in. In one of the wards I had a moment of serenity and clarity of thought whilst basking in the warmth the Spirit gives. I was looking into the hindsight of the things that have happened these past three months in Shelley. It was given to me to recognize all the good that I had taken part in. I've seen people truly change their lives because they recognize the love God has for them. I've been given the gift of charity, especially more so now as a missionary, to be able to bless many different lives because of my own personal experiences. I'M SO GRATEFUL! I have witnessed Satan's influences upon those whom have the potential to perform wonders. He's very clever and good at what he does. Deceit is his utmost powerful tool. He doesn't need to try to bring down the people whom are already addicts, or self-destructive, or murders, or rapists, they're already where he'd like them to be. But for those who are trying to change their lives or for those who have the most potential to be influential in others becoming closer to God, he tries his hardest. Look at Joseph Smith and his experiences with Satan. He was RESTORING Christ's gospel to the Earth and there was no way he was going to let that happen without a fight. I was spiritually enlightened yesterday evening because of some things that happened in a lesson. My mind was awakened to the fact that we can't comprehend how many more good things are to come in the future. Nor can we truly be prepared for the bad that is to come as we move forward in righteousness. We need to muster up every particle of faith we have and gather our strength when Satan comes to tear us down. He will do all that he can to cause and tempt you to question your own testimony. He will cause you to turn against others if that's what needs to happen for him to win. As we remember the counsel given to us, "He may have power to bruise your heel, but you have power to crush his head" we will find the power to do what Moses did and say "Get thee hence, Satan!". I know that Heavenly Father loves me, I have proof. 

I love you all,

Elder Gillespie

 Idaho Falls South Zone - Silly Christmas Card!
Elder Gillespie is back center being sheepish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment