Thursday, January 15, 2015

1/12/15 – Shelley… Have the Faith

1/12/15 – Shelley…  Have the Faith

I had kind of a humorous imagery pop into my head the other day as we were driving in someone's car to go to Idaho Falls to fix our phone. I was looking out the window and it was kinda foggy and we had grey skies. I pictured myself whispering Shelley whilst kind of ominously gazing out the window into the distance. We found out on Thursday that Elder Wright and I are staying together for another transfer! 6 months here in Shelley in the same companionship! WOOO! That's insane, 3 months as a companionship is generally more common but 6 months is pretty rare. We're both excited for what is to come these next 6 weeks. We don't really know what to expect... Also, some other interesting news, we're getting a zone leader who has only been on his mission as long as Elder Wright has. It will be interesting to see why President Brinkerhoff put him in so early. I don't have a whole lot to say this week again. My health is much better. I'm as glad as ever to be a missionary in the Idaho Pocatello Mission. I'm grateful for the opportunities I'm given to express and share my talents with others. I'm grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for I know that He lives. He suffered, died, and was resurrected so that we may have eternal life. There's so much out there that our puny brains can't quite grasp just yet. Have the faith that we have much happiness in store for us. Have the faith that this too shall pass. Have the faith that whatever our Father has asked us is possible and that he will help us to accomplish it. Have the faith that Heavenly Father is preparing us for things to come. Have the faith that one day we will dwell with God, exalted on high, and be with our families there. 

Love,
Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment