Monday, January 5, 2015

12/29/14 – Grateful



I love my mission. Grateful is the one word I'd use to describe my experiences on my mission. The joy that this work brings to me is indescribable. I joy in the success of others. I joy in being the vessel through which others are able to come to know what the Atonement of Jesus Christ is. It was not long ago I was headed down a path of darkness. I saw the light in others and envied that. The light they shone forth was because of their knowledge of the Gospel. I grew up in the church. I knew it was good. I never truly understood what life was like living the gospel though. I chose to do a lot of things that pulled me farther from the light. I chose to bathe in sorrow. I chose to remain bound by Satan's grasp. I chose to live in such a way that restrained my capability to feel the Holy Ghost. I kept myself numb. I fed the wolf. Heavenly Father never forsook me. He watched over and protected me. I've seen both sides of the spectrum: Light and Dark. I choose the light. The light is what brings joy to myself and to others. I've been given so many opportunities to grow and to become strong in my life. I've learned, I've grown, I've gained wisdom. I love my fellow brothers and sisters. I can't wait to be a patriarch over an eternal family. The knowledge I've acquired in my short 20 years of life is indispensable. I still don't know a lot especially when it comes to the Gospel, but I do know that Jesus Christ suffered and died for me. He desires for me to come unto Him. I have a long way to go. I still struggle with a lot of things. But I like my struggles, it's a challenge. When I overcome them I will break out of the cocoon and finally be whom Heavenly Father has been preparing me to become. I desire to be a vessel through which our Father builds Zion. I will go where he wants me to go, say what he wants me to say, and do what he wants me to do. God is enough. We don't need any more than that. Doctrine & Covenants 97:21 “Therefore, verily, thus saith the Lord, let Zion rejoice, for this is Zion—the pure in heart; therefore, let Zion rejoice, while all the wicked shall mourn.”

Love,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment