Monday, January 26, 2015

1/26/15 - Just Cause - I've Been Lucky in My Life!


Elder Gillespie on left having fun at Zone Conference in Shelley, Idaho

Elder Gillespie (center) - with his District in Shelley, Idaho

Not the most eventful week ever. The longer I'm here in Shelley the more I fall in love with it. I'm starting to think that it's possible I'll be here for another transfer (wishful thinking). I suppose we'll find out in a few weeks. I never thought I'd have a companion for this long. Considering the first 4 transfers of my mission I had had a new companion every time. We have a couple of investigators here whom we hope and pray will be able to make it to baptism this next month. Satan is good at what he does though. Every time without fail something is happening in our investigators life to pull them in the opposite direction. Satan tries harder and harder to pull them down the closer they get to baptism. That's one of the hardest things to contest. We can do only so much... The rest is left to their God given agency.

Some weeks I just really don't feel like doing emails and other weeks I get in a mode of saying something that has been on my mind for a while. My emails aren't the most informative I understand that. I generally leave you folks in the air with what's going on in the life of Elder Gillespie. How are his Investigators? How is his companion? Has he had any baptisms? What are some fun stories or experiences throughout the week? That's just something I'm not very good at so I send my apologies. After the mission is when you'll really hear from me the things that went on and the fun stories, the not so fun stories, etc. etc. Just know that I'm doing well. My faith has grown and is growing immensely. There is no better thing I could be doing in my life at this time. I'm having so many great experiences. The things I've learned and gained from being on my mission can only have been learned through experience, through trial and error really. There are ups and downs just like anything in life, but I truly love being able to carry this mantle. The Spirit guides everything I say and do. It's hard to soak everything in when it all just goes by so quickly! Before I know it, I'm going to be married, have 6 kids and be an astronaut. I definitely have much more to learn. All in due time though. The greatest thing about my mission is the love I have obtained for the people. I GET TO STAY HERE AND CARRY ON THE RELATIONSHIPS I HAVE DEVELOPED ON MY MISSION. Why Idaho? I think one of the reasons is rather apparent why our Heavenly Father sent me here. I've been lucky in my life. - Eiffel 65…

Love y'all,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment