Friday, January 9, 2015

1/5/15 – Enjoying the Snow, Life Happens, so Sick Happens...

Here's a picture of me on a 4-5 foot snow drift that I 'jumped' into haha. 
It didn't feel good. It was also impossible to get out of because every time I put my hand down it just went 2-3 feet into the snow. 

My friends and family,

It's always good to hear from you, thank you for your occasional emails! Next Monday I will have been on my mission for 10 months. Time sure has flown by. It's kind of scary to think of how little time I have left to be a missionary. I've been sick all this last week with migraines and then towards the end of the week I contracted a cold. So poor Elder Wright experienced a little bit of what the first 6 weeks of my mission was like. Not too many updates. Transfer calls are this Thursday so we find out what happens on the 14th. I'll update ya next week. I hope Elder Wright gets to stay in Shelley and get a good companion to bring in fresh blood and revive the work here. Not that we need resuscitating or anything, I guess I just mean it would be a nice refresher. I think I'm leaving, but then again, that's what I thought last transfer and I stuck around. It was definitely meant to be, there were quite a few things that happened this transfer that I NEEDED to be here for. I'm still sick, so sorry for the short letter! Love y'all! 

Love,
Elder Gillespie

Side note, I miss my techno/indie music.... The day I get home no one will even know I've gotten home because I'll be in my room or in my car all day listening to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment