Monday, March 9, 2015

3/2/15 – Chubbuck


Elders Olson and Gillespie in Chubbuck, Idaho
So my new area... 

Elder Olson and I cover half of the Chubbuck stake (6 wards). We had a baptism this past Saturday! We have a car. We have an AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT Stake President, who is also the brother of a Bishop in my last area. This area has amazing potential for missionary work, baptisms to be more specific. It's hard to find time to do any missionary work as a Zone Leader!! Ok it's not THAT bad, but it feels odd for me to not go out to proselyte until 3 or 4 or even until after dinner on some days! I've been able to see some recent converts I taught/baptized when I was in the Pocatello West Stake, so that has been fun. 

This week has been CHAOTIC! We had our goodbyes on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday was transfers, Thursday we had weekly planning and we had to plan for something for the zone, Friday we had Mission Leadership Council which beings at 9:00am and we get home by about 4:00, Saturday we had a baptism that we had had almost no time to prepare for properly, and Sunday was a regional conference mingled with more planning for the zone and ourselves. Elder Olson and I will be a good team. As of now it seems that our strengths and weaknesses coincide and make up for what the other lacks. Elder Olson has only got about 3 months left so I'm excited to learn from all of the experiences he has to share and to see how he works. He is a very humble missionary and when it comes to bearing a powerful testimony he's the go to guy. 

This upcoming week will be just as busy! We have Zone Conference this Tuesday (half of the mission comes to this). We have Zone Training (just our zone (16 missionaries)) this Thursday as well. Thankfully, we'll have more time to proselyte this week, but man... I just want to hit the pavement and get on the move. I want to meet all of our investigators and ward/stake leaders. With as busy as last week was it seemingly took eternity to be over with, surprisingly enough. I don't have much more to add other than I'm glad to be here serving the people of Chubbuck and serving with Elder Olson.

Love y'all,

Elder Gillespie


No comments:

Post a Comment