Monday, June 22, 2015

5/25/15 - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.


As I look at life through my camera, the lens is continually widening and allowing me to see the bigger picture. Each experience I have is a learning experience and attributes to how I act upon certain situations as they arise. I pray often to be able to see my life and the life of others whom I come into contact with as God see us. He sees the purpose and reason behind all that occurs. If we were to have the capability of seeing the bigger picture, always, we would more easily be able to be a perfect follower of the example of Christ. An eternal perspective is the perfect way to 'Endure to the end'. The problem that occurs here is that we ourselves are not perfect. We have been given 'demons' to overcome in this life, whether it be a stutter, an addiction, divorce, wayward children, mental/physical disabilities, anger management issues, impatience, pridefulness, forgiving others or forgiving ourselves, self-esteem issues, etc. We often forget that everyone has problems in their lives. More often than not we only barely scratch the surface of who people really are underneath. I have commissioned myself to be understanding of why people are the way they are and not so much focus on the WHAT people are or WHAT they do. God sees people in a way no other can. He understands that person who committed suicide and every factor into why that occurred. Only He can be the judge of these things. If we can but allow ourselves to be forgiving of others and quick to observe, we enable ourselves to come close to see others as God sees them. This teaches us charity and love. If we do not love, we are nothing. Moroni 7: 46-48
(“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail— But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.”)
I am given much opportunity to widen my lens so that I can see the bigger picture. I have learned from Elder Duano that I ought to choose to look through the 'Lens of the Gospel'. I'll let you ponder on that. 


God is awesome. The gospel of Jesus Christ is awesome. This life is awesome. My companion is awesome. My zone is awesome. Revelation is awesome. My brothers and sisters are awesome. My family is awesome. Technology is awesome. The Book of Mormon is true and awesome. I'm going to start waking up every morning yelling positive affirmations. Right at 6:30am "This is the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!", "I have the best investigators IN THE WORLD!!!!!", "I'm the COOLEST KID IN TOWN!!!!!" ETC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment