Monday, June 22, 2015

5/4/15 – God's Hand is in All Things

Elder Evan Gillespie, ZL in Chubbuck, ID - on 5/10/15 Mother's Day Skype <3

Hello friends and family,

In about a week I will have been serving as a full-time missionary for 14 months. These 14 months have been truly instructive and inspiring. I've seen a lot of scary things, yes, even in Idaho, that have been very eye opening. I've seen and taken part in many tender experiences as well. My heart has been touched over and over as I've witnessed the blessings of the Gospel in people’s lives. I may have said this before, but I'm going to say it again. The more I come to know, the more there is that I realize I don't know! It's as if there is another realm of knowledge in existence that you can only be spoon-fed or your mind will overload and explode. I can't possibly describe what I'm trying to portray with this. All I can say is that, Heavenly Father's wisdom is amazingly incomprehensible. If you dare trying to tell Him what your plans are for your life, he will laugh and simply say no, this is what will be happening in your life. He truly prepares you for things you'll be facing in life. I am grateful for where I am at in life right now. I have learned to take things as they come facing them with faith and respecting the circumstances I'm faced with due to the fact that God's hand is in all things. I've seen the hand of God in literally everything I look back on in life that I can remember having any kind of effect on where I'm at as a being. I am a living witness that our Heavenly Father truly does reveal the mysteries of the kingdom unto those whom exercise faith, repent and bring forth good works. These experiences that I'm having are preparing me for continued activity in the church. Even more than that though, they are preparing me to 'receive all that the Father hath' which is ETERNAL joy with our Eternal Families.

I'm grateful to be here in Chubbuck, ID working together with Elder Duano, unified in the purpose of the Lord. I am grateful that I am an instrument in the hands of the Creator to bring forth and establish a foundation of His work here. I'm grateful to be a servant. As I have served I have felt more joy than ever before in life. I hope to live a life full of service as the Savior has. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. The miracles He performed were wrought about because of prayer, felt need and faith. Prayer and faith are way more important than I think most of us truly realize. I have a testimony of the miracles that can come from a simple prayer of faith. Lives can be changed, shaped and formed because of YOUR faith. We have the power, men and women alike, to affect others’ eternal salvation. I hope to rejoice with many, hopefully THOUSANDS, maybe dozens or hundreds of thousands, in the life to come as I followed our Fathers will for me in this life. We as members of the church ought to fulfill the commission to bring the gospel to all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, through any which way we possibly can. Strive to fix yourself and the music you play will be heard among many. They will dance in joy due to the great messages heard. I love my Father and His Son, I love you and I want you to know that there is a purpose for what you are suffering through, there is a purpose for you in this life. Allow our Heavenly Father's will to become yours and you will be all the more happier.

(he also said: I've grown so much and continue to do so. Heavenly Father really does work line upon line and precept upon precept. I can't necessarily see the big picture right now. All of us have a place and purpose in our Fathers plan. It's kinda awesome... )

Love,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment