Monday, June 22, 2015

6/1/15 – Tiredom



Hello,

I AM SO TIRED, ALL THE TIME! I just want you to know that. Anyways, this week...  Elder L. Tom Perry passed away and they are removing Elder Richard G. Scott from his apostleship due to health. Two new apostles soon, also Elder Packer and President Monson are both not doing so hot. 

Three hardest things to deal with as a missionary:
  1. 1.      I am unable to listen to my good ole' electronic or indie music. 
  2. 2.      I meet so many good candidates for eternal marriage and cannot ask them on dates. 
  3. 3.      I'm always tired. 


Three best things about being a missionary:
  1. 1.      Witnessing the power of the atonement in peoples' lives.
  2. 2.      Meeting so many good candidates for eternal marriage and taking note of the attributes they have that I want when I can date again!
  3. 3.      The Spirit.


At this point on my mission, when I meet certain people I feel an uncontrollable urge to go all hell-fire and brimstone on them. For example, "Do not procrastinate the day of your repentance", "There are no shades of gray in the Gospel, there is only right and wrong, do or do not, righteous or unrighteous actions", "You know the Gospel is true yet you defy your Heavenly Parents' commands, WHY?!" I think I may be getting a little bit too sassy with people. Especially with missionaries that are being dumb, for a lack of a better phrase.

1 Nephi 19:9 "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men."

This is happening this very hour, this very moment even. "Be perfect even as he is perfect." That's all I have to say about that.

We spoke in church last Sunday (my topic was Sabbath Day Observance) and I kind of had one of those moments during my talk. I had noticed people fiddling around with their phones during the sacrament ordinances and near the beginning of my talk I mentioned something along the lines of... "Facebook addiction is real. I understand that. IF IT IS A TEMPTATION TO GET ON FACEBOOK OR ANY OTHER INNAPROPRIATE MEDIA DURING YOUR CHURCH MEETINGS LEAVE YOUR PHONE AT HOME. If you are one that has a compulsive desire to update everyone on every aspect of your life, stop it! You do not need to update your status to "Just took the sacrament, man I feel good! #I'mCleanAgain" Okay, I didn't quite say it in that harsh of a manner but that's just an example of how I feel at times. I did use the example of updating your status right after taking sacrament though and how silly that might be. I DO know how to hold my tongue and follow the Spirit in the appropriateness of my actions in whatever setting I may be in. 

Anyways, on a lighter note, Elder Duano goes home in 3 weeks! He's getting excited! It'll be good to see him progress through life. I picture him being a very successful businessman in the future and having a large impact on society. There is a gray Japanese jacket thing that he wears and when he wears it, he looks like a Filipino general. I picture him leading an army of Filipino's into war. It's kind of scary even. 

There is a missionary named Elder Bertoch that I met my very first day out. He was the first one to come up and talk to me when I got to the transfer site waiting to go meet Elder Larsen. We have become buds ever since, he is only out 1 transfer longer than myself. About 4 transfers ago we both predicted that we would be Zone Leader companions together in exactly 5 transfers. Oddly enough he just became a District Leader in our zone this transfer. We are losing a net of 7 companionships this next transfer so that means they are going to start combining stakes. We share a stake with Elder Bertoch and his companion. I'm in high hopes if they combine our stake that he will get pulled up to be a zone leader here with me. It'd be interesting because I know everyone in one half of the stake and he knows the other half. We'll see what happens I suppose.

That's all I got, I'm juiced...
Ta-Ta for now,
Love ya!


-Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment