Monday, June 22, 2015

6/15/15 – A Truly Perfect Plan

Family, Friends, and Acquaintances,

15 months into this mission thing! Crazy... 

I think for one of the first times ever, I've been able to literally feel a difference in my thought processes. I look at everything with new eyes. I can see the big picture at this point. I am much more deep internally, but simple externally! I have been shaving off the 'natural man' layer by layer and becoming less shallow and complicated. It's truly amazing what Heavenly Father can teach you if you allow Him into your life. I know that there is more to this life than meets the eye. This life is in many senses a 'test'. I feel like I can compare life to a survival course you may take in college. They may say, "Okay, you have just these 3 items (life situation, mental/physical disabilities, etc.) you can take with you into the wilderness. You must survive for a month using the skills I have taught you (pre-existence)." That's a bad example, but really it's somewhat true. He has given us what we have for a purpose. He knows our hearts, our weaknesses, our strengths, our environment, etc. etc. Only He can be the judge of our salvation. BUT, He expects us to act. With what He has given us or allowed us to experience we ought to act accordingly using the Light of Christ we ALL have! His plan for us is truly perfect. 

Love,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment