Wednesday, July 8, 2015

7/4/15 – Some Deaf Ears…

Surprise!

We get to email today because it's an ALL DAY Preparation Day. So here's a quick update. I think the biggest thing that has been on my mind lately is my frustration with people we work with. Frustration because bearing a powerful testimony has no apparent influence on their desire to change or search to know of truth. With that not working, trying to say okay this is why this truly is Christ's church restored back to earth through scriptures and facts etc. etc. doesn't seem to do much either. It's like they're missing a part of the equation which creates a broken heart and a contrite spirit. It feels almost as though nothing we can say or do even affects them and they shrug off the powerful Spirit that we KNOW they are feeling. I'm certainly not amongst the best proselyting or teaching missionaries in skill but I do indeed try my best to always improve and focus on the needs of our people. I love these people so much yet have no idea of how to help them. I know WHAT can help them but if they have no desire to allow Christ's atonement into their lives' then nothing will happen in their conversion process.

Elder Kim is a rockstar. For real, like he is very studious, very faithful and very much so willing to do the work. Yesterday, he got his patriarchal blessing and I got to be there for that. That was certainly a very special experience. I have a very special companion that will bless many, many lives' through his powerful testimony.

You'll hear from me again Monday. 

Love y'all,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment