Monday, August 3, 2015

7/27/15 – Our Missions… My Mission… My Testimony of Truth!

Elders Gillespie & Lui - on exchanges

IF WE ALL KNOW WHO WE WERE BEFORE WE CAME TO EARTH, WE WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF OURSELVES. Our spirit selves are pretty awesome. Our spirits are full of love, charity, kindness, etc. etc. We came to Earth out of a sincere desire to fulfill a life of service. We've all been sent on specific missions throughout the world. We are to try our best to overcome the 'flesh' part of our being, which is imperfect, with sin, illness, and temptation, and accomplish our mission! We, as spirit children of our Father in Heaven, are filled with pure goodness. When we all one day return 'home' to our eternal family we will be able to finally let out a sigh of relief. Not that our work is over, but this moment on earth, which IS but a moment, has finally passed. Earth is pretty great, like I DO like this place we currently call home, but if we remembered what we left behind we would, in a sense get pretty 'trunky' (missionary term for packing up and ready to go home). 

My Mission has been great. It's been difficult. It's been satisfying. It's brought me to a deeper testimony in my Savior, Jesus Christ. It's increased my love in my God, myself, and my fellow travelers in this mortal journey. I've witnessed the power of the Atonement work mighty miracles in the hearts of many! I've witnessed Satan's influence in the life of many! I know what will bring true and everlasting happiness and it is not by following that fallen angel. Good ole' Lucy is a wise being, but we know what his fate is in the end, and we know his attempts to bring us down are in spite of the good choices we've made thus far. I testify that the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ IS contained within the Book of Mormon and that Thomas S. Monson leads and guides His church. 'The only true and living church.' I know this by diligent prayer and studies. More importantly, by the power and influence of the Holy Ghost! 

Love,
Elder Gillespie

(Excerpts from his emails to Michael & me – Mom, Betsy Peila: 
As I have gone throughout this past week I have experienced some very sweet revelations that I desire for the whole world to know. I felt how GOOD all of us who were born on earth were, before we came to earth! WE WERE ALL SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD, and to a large degree still are. We are caught in a constant battle, though, between our eternal spirit and our mortal bodies, the natural man, our infirmities, etc. etc. We CHOSE to come to earth and to face many of things which we face in these latter days! We were brave enough to leave the comfort of our true home and come to the earth and receive our 1st estate. We were excited to do so even, and we did it out of the love of our hearts. We did it so we could serve others and fulfill the mission our Father sends us to accomplish. We will not return home any sooner than after we have accomplished that mission… we must all exercise our own agency and face our own trials in life. The new found knowledge I have obtained of who we once were, who we are now, and what we have to look forward to, has given me much comfort and strength and has allowed me to tap into the living waters Christ offers. I have felt myself becoming more like him, yet I fear for trials and struggles I am sure to face in the future…
Thanks for all of your support; I'm excited to start to keep on keepin' on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment