Sunday, October 11, 2015

10/5/15 – ‘Knowing’ Comes from Work

Hello Hello - Time is short!

Life is gettin' ready to smack me in the face pretty soon here. Sometimes I sit in wonder and awe of all that has happened these past 19 months hoping that it has been sufficient for our Heavenly Father, hoping that my foundation has been built strong and that I will be given strength to have the desire to continue nourishing my testimony. I do indeed know of the factuality of the event of the Restoration, not because of any divine manifestation or miraculous knowing, but because of WORK. I worked at it and for it. I know for a certain that the Lord will use me where He needs me and where I will grow the most. I've seen it over and over in my life how I will be placed somewhere for specific reasons, some known, some unknown, and how much I benefit from it and hopefully benefit others as well. One thing I've come to know and understand that as my faith in my Savior and His Atonement grows, so does my faith in myself and my future grow. I know and understand the purpose of trials and "hard" things, though sometimes I seem to forget it. I've learned that Heavenly Father, as the potter, may need to shape me as many as 50 to 100 times until I become a Saint. Sometimes, due to my imperfections, he may even need to throw me back into the mill to be ground over again and reshaped! I know I must become passive and not resist the Fathers will. We each have our own "bitter cup" which we must partake of throughout our lives. The blessings promised, however, are marvelous. I have lots of things I continue to work on. I always wish that I was a better missionary. 

Love,

Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment