Monday, December 21, 2015

10/19/15 – Come Unto the Savior

Hello,

I've got a new companion, his name is Elder Canales. Chances are he'll only be with me for 3 weeks until he returns back to Spanish work. That'd be great if he got to stay though! I knew him in Chubbuck and he got transferred to be with me for a little while so we are both excited about that! 

This life is filled with rivers to cross and roads to walk. We've simply got to keep going until we reach Him. Sometimes we need someone to throw us a rope and sometimes we need a change of shoes and socks when they are either wet or worn, but that shouldn't stop us for very long. Sometimes we pick up leeches or goatheads along the way, but that shouldn't stop us for very long. Sometimes we get distracted by alluring billboards and signs, but that shouldn't stop us for very long. Sometimes we even encounter crocodiles or burglars and become setback on our journey due to loss of limb or financial insecurity, but that shouldn't stop us for long. No matter the turmoil we must go through, our Savior has had worse. Matthew 11:28-30.  I remember memorizing verse 28 when living with the Nilsons in Highland, Utah. I haven't forgotten. The imagery comes to mind of Him sending angels to pick us up when we fall and of Him Himself outreached to extend a helping hand.

Sometimes all you can do is breathe. 

Love,
Elder Gillespie


Matthew 11:28-30: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment