Thursday, December 24, 2015

11/23/15 – That Precious Truth

 Elders Hoffman & Gillespie in Idaho Falls, ID

Hello My Beloved Spirit Brothers & Sisters,

Reflecting and reminiscing the past 20 months or so has brought forth much gratitude. I've always known who I was. I never really knew who I could become though. Now I've seen who I've become thus far and am excited to see what things are in store for my future self and family. I have gained a testimony of the Restored Gospel... A testimony that will never falter.  I know there may be struggles, disappointments and setbacks, but that will never change the witness I've received of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I know that it is of colossal importance that we feast upon the words of Christ, especially through the Book of Mormon, as they are His words, through His prophets. The small and simple things bring about the greatest of miracles. I know that light can shine even in the deepest abyss of darkness. I may have mentioned this over a year ago in one of my emails, but in complete blackness our eyes become 1 million times more sensitive to light. God created our spirits. He created us in His image. Galatians 5:16-25 teaches us of the battle we must fight within ourselves. We consist of a body, which entails all things inclusive of characteristics of the natural man, and a Spirit which is inclusive of all divine attributes of our Father. There is this constant clash between the will of the flesh and the will of the Spirit. The ultimate goal is to overcome the natural man and walk in the Spirit. Verse 24 says, "They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." I want the world to know who they are, where they come from, what their purpose is, where they are going, and how to get there. We were filled with love incomprehensible when we were Spirits in our Father's presence awaiting to receive a body and face the trials of mortal experience and also to serve our fellow brothers and sisters. That precious truth has given me drive and motivation to help others know of their divine potential. God is good. Experiment upon his words (Alma 32:27) and watch His almighty hand work miracles in your life. Be patient, be diligent, and have faith.

Love,
Elder Gillespie

Galatians 5:16-25:
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”
    


Alma 32:27:  “But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.”

No comments:

Post a Comment