Saturday, March 12, 2016

2/15/16 – Is This A Lame Email?

(THANKFULLY - some great members in the Idaho Pocatello Mission sent some wonderful pictures this week to accompany the short note below  :) – Betsy)

Elders Gillingham & Gillespie - Idaho Pocatello Mission - Highland Area


Ye Sons & Daughters of God,

I've been a missionary for a little while now. It's been pretty good. I've learned some stuff along the way. It's been hard for sure. I think that's Heavenly Father just saying 'YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN TOO EASY, IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO FEEL SOME HEAT!' in a loving way of course. So I'm super excited to go home and super sad, have I said that already? 

I don't have much for you today. I'll update ev'ryone when I get back with everything that has happened the past couple of years. 

Love,
Elder Gillespie


When asked about cooking on his Mission Elder Evan Gillespie wrote:


“I've cooked lots of simple meals on my mission. It's hard to spend too much time though because we only have an hour to cook and we don't really prep food beforehand or anything like that. But I have been taking decent care of myself. Some things I've cooked: Venison, fried chicken, lots of variations of eggs including omelets, spam, beef, elephant eyes, etc., pancakes, stir fry's, and that's all I can think of right now. I have had weeks of just Ramen or other unhealthy stuff like that, frozen pizza, burritos, taquitos, toast, pop-tarts, etc. “



No comments:

Post a Comment