Saturday, March 12, 2016

2/29/16 – Solid, Joy-filled Testimony and Thoughts of Next Steps

Elder Evan Gillespie with President & Sister Hancock
of the Idaho Pocatello Mission
at the Rexburg Temple before his departure.

So this may or may not be my last email. No promises. 

I have no idea what to do with myself when I get home. I have a bit of anxiety about the whole not being a missionary thing. I will be in the world again... It's weird. I can go on a long drive, BY MYSELF, listening to NORMAL music, to anywhere I want. I can go to the store at 9pm at night because I don't have milk for the morning. But I will never be able to wear the sacred name of Jesus Christ again in this capacity. That thought brings me to tears. I'm sad to leave behind the good people of I've come to love and adore. I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's kingdom on earth and the only true and living church. I testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior, Redeemer, and Advocate. His Atonement is infinite and eternal in nature. Because of the fall our natures have become evil, but through Christ it will all be made right. He has provided the power to cleanse ourselves, not only of sins of commission but even sins of omission. I've learned many wonderful things on my mission. I have a hard time nailing down what I would say would be the most important thing I have learned is. If I had to choose, I would simply state that we are all sons and daughters of God and have the potential to inherit the fullness of joy that he now enjoys and it's all because of Him.

Love, 
Elder Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment